- Patient Status
- Released on September 5, 2018.
- Date Found
- July 24, 2018.
- New Port Richey, Florida.
- Reason for Rescue
- Found Floating.
- SCL (STRAIGHT CARAPACE LENGTH)
- EXAM FINDINGS
- Quiet and alert, and in good body condition. Unknown cause for stranding.
- INITIAL TREATMENT
- Received fluids and vitamins.
On July 24, 2018, a good samaritan found Kerplunk, a juvenile green sea turtle, floating behind their house. He was in good body condition during his initial exam and had no obvious abnormalities, so his reason for stranding is unknown. He will undergo more exams and tests to see if an injury is found.
- Naming Theme
- Interesting Fact
- Kerplunk can be seen in one of the Kiddy pools in the turtle rehab area!
Kerplunk got a deep swim test. He took good breaths but his swimming was uncoordinated.
Diagnostic testing normal.
After treatments, Kerplunk is now swimming more normally in deep water.
All marine turtle footage taken in Florida was obtained with the approval of the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service and the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) under conditions not harmful to marine turtles. Footage was acquired while conducting authorized conservation activities pursuant to FWC MTP-18-172.