Clearwater Marine Aquarium’s off-site programs are designed with your classroom in mind. These programs enrich student experiences by providing hands-on learning environments. Expand upon daily classroom curriculum with a visit from one of CMA’s education staff members.
- Year Round
- Please schedule your off-site program at least one month in advance.
- $100 for the first program and $50 for each additional program scheduled the same day at the same site; PLUS mileage within 40 miles of Clearwater Marine Aquarium.
- Tips for Booking
- Book at least one month in advance. A mileage fee applies to all off-site programs. All fees are waived for Pinellas County schools during Great American Teach-In. All off-site programs are limited to 50 participants per session.
A hands-on way to bring CMA to your classroom
A hands-on way to bring CMA to your classroom CMA’s Off-Site Programs are designed with your classroom in mind. These programs provide students with hands-on learning opportunities to enrich their educational experience. Expand upon daily classroom curriculum with a visit from one of CMA’s education staff members.
Learn about the behind-the-scenes work of Clearwater Marine Aquarium from our education staff as we visit your school or other venue for an educational presentation all about Clearwater Marine Aquarium’s efforts in marine life preservation. Watch videos of recent rescue efforts and learn about the growth of our facility since the production of Dolphin Tale and Dolphin Tale 2.
Students discover the positive and negative impact humans can have on the oceans and coastal environments through the stories of our resident animal ambassadors. We will discuss ocean hazards and play “Scan your Can” – a recycling game that focuses on how sorting garbage can help save the planet. By the end of the program, each class member will be dubbed a “Dolphin Deputy.”
This program focuses on invertebrates. Learn all about the Gulf of Mexico’s smaller inhabitants that call CMA home through this hands-on look at sea stars, crabs, and sea urchins. The program will focus on describing these animals using our five senses, comparing and contrasting locomotion modalities, and discussing survival adaptations. Participants can apply what they have learned by touching some of these creatures to see how these spineless animals have adapted to live on our ocean floor.
- Dreaming of going on an ocean expedition or working at a marine animal hospital? CMA’s recurring program series are designed to offer a multi-week educational experience that explore these possibilities and more. These programs are a great fit for after-school learning opportunities or summer camps looking to enrich their curriculum. Led by a CMA biologist, students will have the opportunity to take part in hands-on learning experiences and learn about a wide variety of topics in marine science.
- Year round
- Call the Education Department to schedule at 727-441-1790 x2270
- Call Education Department for pricing information at 727-441-1790 x2270