Family and Eco-Friendly Waterfront Hotel Unveiled on Clearwater Beach
CLEARWATER BEACH, Fla. (July 1, 2020) – Page Development Group and Clearwater Marine Aquarium (CMA) are proud to introduce Clearwater Beach’s newest family-and-eco-friendly hotel, Winter the Dolphin’s Beach Club, located at 655 S. Gulfview Blvd.
Sitting on America’s number one beach, this dolphin and marine life themed hotel features the inspiring dolphin made famous by the Dolphin Tale movies – Winter. Part of the Ascend Hotel Collection portfolio by Choice Hotels, Winter the Dolphin’s Beach Club comes to life after an extensive renovation and rehaul of an existing Choice hotel with a focus on sustainability and conservation.
“We are beyond excited to open this hotel to guests and offer them a very special experience that ties in with the mission of Clearwater Marine Aquarium,” said Page Development Group President Steve Page.
The 91-room beachfront hotel boasts an outdoor pool with beach cabana rentals, as well as two on-site restaurants, Cabanas Coastal Grill and Cabanas Beachside, serving up fresh seafood, American fare and specialty cocktails, providing ample opportunities for guests to relax and connect. After a long day in the warm Florida sunshine, guests can retreat to their room and enjoy all the comforts of home, including complimentary WiFi, a refrigerator and microwave, as well as a Keurig coffee maker and in-room coffee.
As part of Page Development’s Group passion for environmental protection and commitment to sustainable practices, Winter the Dolphin’s Beach Club is CMA-certified with measures to protect marine life including sea turtle safe lighting, the elimination of single-use plastics, and special window treatments to reduce energy use while minimizing the harmful effects of sun glare off of the Gulf.
“We’re so excited to invite guests to see Winter at our facility and then have them stay in this fabulous and environmentally friendly, Winter and marine life themed hotel,” said CEO, Frank Dame. “We’re confident that families will be attracted by the newness of the hotel, its commitment to sustainability, and the unique learning opportunities of immersive marine life education.”
Not only will guests feel good about the sustainability of their stay at Winter the Dolphin’s Beach Club, they will be contributing to Clearwater Marine Aquarium’s non-profit mission. Proceeds from each room night will go directly to the care, education, research and conservation of marine mammals through the work of CMA.
Winter the Dolphin’s Beach Club is managed by Tampa-based McKibbon Hospitality, with hospitality veteran Adam Winning recently appointed as the hotel’s General Manager. Adam brings more than a decade of hospitality and leadership experience to the role, having most recently served as the General Manager of Aloft Jacksonville Airport.
- About Page Development Group
- Page Development Group is a family owned company headquartered on the west coast of Florida. Specializing in waterfront condominium projects, hotels and resorts PDG has developed over 30 projects along the gulf beaches. Page Development Group owns and operates its hotel and resort properties and restaurants. The marketing division of PDG has sold over a billion dollars in real estate product.
- About Choice Hotels International
- Choice Hotels International is one of the largest and most successful lodging franchisors in the world. Choice currently franchises more than 7,000 hotels, representing nearly 570,000 rooms, in more than 40 countries and territories. Ranging from limited service to full-service hotels in the upscale, midscale, extended-stay and economy segments, Choice-branded properties provide business and leisure travelers with a range of high-quality, high-value lodging options throughout the United States and internationally. For more information on Choice Hotels, visit the company’s website: www.choicehotels.com.
- About McKibbon Hoospitality
- Headquartered in Tampa, FL, McKibbon Hospitality creates memorable hospitality experiences that inspire brand and property loyalty. It’s how we’ve grown into one of the largest (and most awarded) hotel management companies in the country. We operate dozens of hotels for Marriott, Hilton, Hyatt, IHG and other iconic hospitality brands. Our legacy is built on a foundation of integrity, anchored in how we value our guests, treat our associates and partners, and give back to our communities. Visit McKibbon.com to learn more.
- About Clearwater Marine Aquarium
- Clearwater Marine Aquarium (CMA) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit working marine rescue center dedicated to preserving our marine life and environment while inspiring the human spirit through leadership in education, research, rescue, rehabilitation and release. CMA is home to rescue dolphins, sea turtles, river otters, stingrays, nurse sharks and more. Winter, the dolphin’s story of survival after injury that caused her to lose her tail, has impacted millions of people around the world. A major motion picture, Dolphin Tale, highlighted her life story in 2011. The sequel, Dolphin Tale 2, was released in September 2014 and features the incredible story of Hope, a young resident dolphin of CMA. The mission and potential to change people’s lives differentiates Clearwater Marine Aquarium from any other aquarium in the world
We believe in preserving our environment while inspiring the human spirit through leadership in the rescue, rehabilitation, and release of marine life; environmental education; research; and conservation.
A Florida non-profit 501(c)(3) organization