- Patient Status
- Released on September 20, 2018
- Date Found
- July 15, 2018
- Honeymoon Island, Florida
- Reason for Rescue
- Found floating, wound reported
- 0.66 kg (1.4 lbs)
- SCL (STRAIGHT CARAPACE LENGTH)
- 17.4 cm
- EXAM FINDINGS
- Good body condition, no obvious signs of paps. Laceration found on left front shoulder. Alert and responsive.
- INITIAL TREATMENT
- Fluids and medication.
On July 15, 2018, Jenga was found floating in Honeymoon Island State Park and was brought to a ranger station. It was reported that Jenga had a wound to his left front flipper.
- Interesting Fact
- One of our younger patients! It is estimated that Jenga is around 1 year old.
- Naming Theme
Received X-rays, which showed no obvious fractures.
Discontinued glucose checks and fluids. Diet increased.
Fluids were discontinued and diet was increased again.
Wound is healing well.
Gaining weight and wound is healing. Started on antibiotics.
Improving and gaining weight; Discontinued antibiotics.