Stranded: A Whale Rescue Tale will be released Summer 2021
CLEARWATER, Fla. (April, 2021) – In celebration of Earth Day, Clearwater Marine Aquarium proudly announces a new documentary set to be released Summer 2021. It covers the rescue, rehabilitation, release, and tracking of the five pilot whales that stranded on Redington Beach in 2019.
In Summer 2019, Clearwater Marine Aquarium received a rescue call like none they had ever received before; five pilot whales had stranded on a beach just 14 miles south of its marine life hospital. Every decision from then on was made to ensure the health and safety of the whales, the staff working on them, and the community who came together to support their efforts.
This documentary includes original footage from the beach and the series of events that followed.
Watch as a community of scientists, biologists and bystanders work to save the animals and gain information on why they stranded – a phenomenon that has been bewildering scientists for generations.
- Media Contact
- Kelsy Long, Clearwater Marine Aquarium, email@example.com, 727.441.1790 x259, or via cell at 410.507.1453.
- About Clearwater Marine Aquarium
- Clearwater Marine Aquarium (CMA) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit working marine rescue center dedicated to preserving our marine life and environment while inspiring the human spirit through leadership in education, research, rescue, rehabilitation and release. CMA is home to rescue dolphins, sea turtles, river otters, stingrays, nurse sharks and more. Winter, the dolphin’s story of survival after injury that caused her to lose her tail, has impacted millions of people around the world. A major motion picture, Dolphin Tale, highlighted her life story in 2011. The sequel, Dolphin Tale 2, was released in September 2014 and features the incredible story of Hope, a young resident dolphin of CMA. The mission and potential to change people’s lives differentiates Clearwater Marine Aquarium from any other aquarium in the world
- About Immotion Group
- Immotion Group is the global leader in immersive edutainment. By combining educational VR experiences with state-of-the-art motion-platform technology, Immotion gives zoos, aquariums, museums and science centers, a fresh new attraction that excites and engages visitors of all ages while dramatically increasing ancillary revenues. All immersive solutions come fully themed and require no upfront CAPEX. Scalable from 4 seats to a 40+ seat VR theater complete with an immersive interactive pre-show area, Immotion’s cinematic experiences transport guests to worlds beyond their imagination. Creating all content from its Los Angeles and UK studios, the Immotion team is committed to providing its partners with the best experiences on the market today — 100% guided by scientists/ conservation experts and directed by Emmy Award-winning directors. Immotion is taking immersive edutainment to the next level.
- About NOAA
- NOAA’s mission is to understand and predict changes in the Earth’s environment, from the depths of the ocean to the surface of the sun, and to conserve and manage our coastal and marine resources.
© 2021 Clearwater Marine Aquarium | 249 Windward Passage, Clearwater, FL 33767 | 727-445-1139 | 727-441-1790 | mission.cmaquarium.org | cmaquarium.org
We believe in preserving our environment while inspiring the human spirit through leadership in the rescue, rehabilitation, and release of marine life; environmental education; research; and conservation.
A Florida non-profit 501(c)(3) organization