- Patient Status
- Released on December 13, 2018
- Date Found
- September 23, 2018
- New Port Richey; Pasco County
- Reason for Rescue
- Found floating
- 14.54 kg (32 lbs)
- SCL (STRAIGHT CARAPACE LENGTH)
- 49.0 cm
- EXAM FINDINGS
- Active and good body condition. Several fibropapilloma tumors present and an old boat strike wound to shell.
- INITIAL TREATMENT
- Fluids, vitamin injections and antibiotics
Uno is a juvenile green sea turtle that was found floating near New Port Richey on September 23, 2018. Uno has the fibropapilloma virus with several tumors found on body. There is also an old boat strike wound on Uno’s shell, which could be the cause of his buoyancy issues. Uno was given fluids, vitamin injections, and antibiotics for initial treatment.
- Naming Theme
Started on diet.
CT Scan done. Eating very well!
Eating and doing well, continuing to monitor buoyancy.
All marine turtle footage taken in Florida was obtained with the approval of the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service and the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) under conditions not harmful to marine turtles. Footage was acquired while conducting authorized conservation activities pursuant to FWC MTP-18-172.