Clearwater Marine Aquarium’s expansion will allow us to rescue and release more marine life, create an enhanced living habitat for our resident non-releasable animals and provide more space for our guests. With your support, the expansion project will be completed in mid-late 2020.
During the expansion, Clearwater Marine Aquarium will remain open.
Our expansion project will enable CMA to:
Tripling our rescued dolphin habitat space – Consisting of five connecting areas, with approximately 1.5 million gallons of water, nearly triple the current amount. This enhanced, more natural habitat will be home to non-releasable dolphins Winter, Hope, PJ and Nicholas.
We will be able to provide more animals who cannot return to their original habitats with larger, purpose-built living spaces
The expanded capacity and capabilities within the new facility will support our ability to run multiple programs simultaneously, increasing our educational impact and allowing CMA to establish an environmental legacy for generations to come.
Expanded guest areas – Total new guest space of 197,500 sq feet, and more hospital facilities for our rescued marine life.
We are expanding in order to meet the increasing demands of:
- Rescue, rehab and release of marine animals. We just experienced our busiest sea turtle rehab year ever and need more space as this important work continues to increase.
- Expanding research into saving the lives of more marine animals and protecting our environment.
- Meeting the needs of the tens of thousands of children and wounded soldiers who have bonded with Winter and our other rescued animals through their own adversity.
- Educating the next generation on marine and environmental conservation.
- Providing compelling, educational experiences for families.
Contact the Development Office for Donation Information
Phone: 727-441-1790 Ext. 233
*Donations can be made through cash gifts, annual pledges or planned gifts.